Capital Finance International (CFI.co) have recognised Telecom Plus PLC
Close on the heels of UW’s Utilities Brand of the Year 2020 award from Which?, this month sees significant international recognition for UW’s parent company, Telecom Plus PLC. In their annual awards, Capital Finance International (CFI.co) have recognised Telecom Plus PLC with an ‘ESG Award’. This stands for Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG), with the Company being awarded the ESG Multi-Utility Provider (UK) 2020 in recognition of their commitment within these fields.
Saving households up to 15% on energy
In their write-up, CFI.co focus on the company’s environmentally-friendly initiatives that save households up to 15% on energy, whilst doing their bit for the planet. These initiative are:
- Free LED light bulbs – helping UW customers to reduce the amount of electricity they use and the amount they pay.
- Green Energy Fixed Tariff – 100% renewable electricity sourced from solar, wind and waterpower.
- Smart meters – putting an end to estimated bills, and helping UW customers to cut down on energy usage.
- UW Woodland – UW plants a tree for every customer to all of the company’s home services. This will create a woodland of over 100,000 trees.. This equates to 100 Wembley stadium pitches worth of trees, which will in turn absorb 20,000 tonnes of CO2.
- UW Foundation – UW charitable foundation, supporting Plastic Oceans UK and local charitable causes.
Who are CFI.co
CFI.co (Capital Finance International) reports on business, economics, and finance. Headquartered in London, CFI.co brings coverage and analysis of the drivers behind change. Combining the views of leading multilateral and national organisations with thought leadership from some of the world’s top minds, the Company’s editorial team ensures that readers better understand the forces influencing and reshaping the global economy.
CFI.co provides news, analysis and commentary on markets worldwide – addressing the changes – including in technology and innovation – affecting these markets and helping to identify regions, industry sectors and companies that will succeed.